Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pio Pio

Pio Pio is a Peruvian restaurant specializing in rotisserie chicken. My mouth starts watering whenever I think about the chicken, it's so juicy, flavorful and the meat literally falls off the bones.

....and then there's the legendery green sauce......I don't know what they put in it, but it's a little spicy, a little creamy, and a lot addictive. If you think I am exaggerating, I dare you try it!. Doubling the hype is the fact that the ingredients of the sauce is a secret.

The ceviche, salchipapa (fries and fried hot dogs), and maduros (sweet plaintains) are also my favorites.


I've only been to two out of their four locations in Manhattan, the one in the Upper West Side is a little bit of a nightmare, the space is small, noisy and always crowded. I love their Hells Kitchen location because it's really big and great for accommodating big parties. The vibe in the Hells Kitchen location is different from the rest, it's quieter, swankier and very new.

Pio Pio locations:
Upper West Side, 702 Amsterdam Avenue (94th Street)
Hells Kitchen, 604 Tenth Avenue (between 43th and 44th)
Murray Hill, 210 East 34th Street (between 2nd and 3rd Avenue)
Upper East Side, 1746 First Avenue (between 90th and 91st)

No comments:

Post a Comment