Wednesday, January 27, 2010

...and it's a new decade....

I've been staring at my blog for the last few weeks not knowing what to write, especially since I kept re-reading my last post & couldn't ignore the pain & emptiness in my heart, it's a strange contradicting feeling.

So I left for home before Christmas, I left in such a hurry that I ended up bringing more stuff that I needed, which is very unlike me because I really pride myself in being a light traveller. I saw a lot of people, connected with a lot of old friends, but the person I wanted to see the most wasn't there anymore. I still talk to her, in my head, and I still visit her, in her new "apartment".

I've shared with a few people my recent musing. Life, is so bizarre, there is no other way for me to describe it. Ten years ago, most of us were in college and we mostly talked about schools, boyfriends, ambitions, worries. All those seemed so trivial now, now we added new vocabularies such as spouses, kids, marriage, divorce, health, death. Really, nobody ever told me that sometimes you get more than what you bargain for in life.

I know it's a little late but I want to wish y'all Happy New Year, tomorrow is a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life....for me...and I am feeling good. *cue music, the Michael Buble version*

"Feeling Good" by Michael Buble

No comments:

Post a Comment