Friday, June 18, 2010

Naughty Nuri's Warung

I had the best meal in Bali at Naughty Nuri's Warung (warung means a small shop or stall). My friend G posed the question "if I can only eat one meal in Bali, where should I eat?" to his friend living in Bali, and he was recommended Naughty Nuri's Warung.



Naughty Nuri's Warung is popular with the expat crowd, and claimed to have the best cocktails in town. It is a small, unpretentious and bare-bone store which was opened by an American (guy) Indonesian (lady) couple. As I sat down, I spotted a couple of Americans (or could be Canadians) next to me, and they seemed to know what they were doing. I asked them for recommendations, and they said (in their exact words) - "definitely the ribs". As it turns out, the pork ribs are indeed the most sought-after item on the menu. We ordered three plates of pork ribs, some mie goreng (stir-fried noodle) and nasi goreng (fried rice).

Enjoying the pork ribs requires three easy steps:
1. Dig your finger into the meat and lightly tear/bite the meat off the bones. The pork ribs were really tender, there isn't much tearing to do (in case if you are looking for some hard-core animalistic act).
2. When you are done with the meat, lick all fingers now covered with the delicious sweet sauce.
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 for as many times as you can.



Incidently, I had the best mie goreng there as well. The menu is mixture of everything, from American bbq style to sushi to Balinese dishes. The vibe is relaxing and welcoming.

I now second the notion, if you only have time for one meal in Bali, then head to Naughty Nuri's Warung.

Naught Nuri's
(Across the road from Neka Museum)
Jl. Raya Sanggingan, Ubud, Bali
Telephone: +62 361 977 547
Open daily from 8am - 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment