Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2nd Avenue Deli (not on 2nd Avenue anymore)

I used to go to 2nd Avenue Deli quite often when it was still in its original location on 2nd Avenue & 10th Street but since they re-opened in the new location in midtown, I haven't been until three weeks ago. And check this out, 2nd Avenue Deli actually has a wikipedia entry! Hah! I don't know if it really is the "best kosher deli" in New York but it certainly is one of those vintage New York establishment. Not to mention, it serves my favorite matzoh ball soup in the city.

What they are really famous for though, is their delicious sandwiches, the most popular are the hot corned beef (see below), pastrami & tongue sandwiches. The sandwiches are huge, I can barely finish half a sandwich unless I REALLY REALLY try.

Another of my personal favorite is the salami omelette, it's brunch food but I can eat it at anytime of the day, how great is that!

Sometimes free stuff are just as good - they always bring out the sour pickles and coleslaw as soon you sit down. I love the coleslaw, not a big fan of sour pickles in general because I can't eat them without making a, well, sour face.


Address: 2nd Avenue Deli, 162 East 33rd Street (between Lexington & 3rd Avenue).

No comments:

Post a Comment