Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Peet Peet Peet.....

So my friend BKC flashed me the yellow card today for having an idle blog, I figured before they red card is out, I should write something to entertain.

First of all, I must explain my absense from the blog after my return from Morocco & Paris. The reason consists of two words - Twilight Saga. I couldn't put the books down, the last time I felt so compelled to breeze through hundreds of pages & sacrifice sleep was reading Dan Brown's books. The Twilight Saga consists of four book, it's a love story between a teen girl, and a vampire stuck in the body of a 17 year-old....Trust me, I know how ridiculous it sounds, and the truth is, it's even cheesier than you can ever imagine, not to mention the dialogues gave me goosebumps (not in a good way). I was secretly embarassed when I decided to read it, thinking that I am too old for this teenage soap opera bullsh*t. Turns out, the story was elaborate, the plot was interesting, the writing was smart, and most importantly the love theme triggered my estrogen & f*cked with my hormones. I am a woman, and an emotional one at core, so how can I not like it?? I went from feeling all gooey in the first book, to actually shedding a tear (don't worry, happens very often, the crying thing) reading the second book, to getting annoyed at the character in the third, to lastly having an adrenaline rush reading the last. This is a total guilty pleasure, it's so BAD it's GOOODDD...all my girlfriends (& gay friends) loved it.

So there is a point to this post, that is, how many of us believe that we don't get to choose who we fall in love with? When that happens, why does it always seem like it's with the wrong person, and how far will we go before you realize that you have to amputate the bad leg to save the rest? Anyway, let me know what you think. Meanwhile, I think it's about damn time I clean my apartment, do laundry, download pictures from my trip, and get back to reality (aka writing about food)....

No comments:

Post a Comment