Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Momofuku Milk Bar - midtown

Momofuku invades midtown! I associate Momofuku restaurants with East Village so it's a little strange seeing the little peach symbol in midtown. I guess David Chang is on a hot streak, not only did he open a new restaurant (má pêche) in midtown, he also opened Momofuku Milk Bar in the space adjacent to má pêche. I am not complaining, anything that adds variety my midtown lunch option is a blessing.

A few weeks ago, I checked out midtown Momofuku Milk Bar with my colleage B, who is a Momofuku virgin. I remembered trying the salty pistachio soft serve before and liking it, but I taste-tested it and thought it was way too heavy. So I ended up with the cereal milk soft serve and I was in my little happy place with an imaginary happy dance.

Momofuku Milk Bar midtown basically inherited a slightly smaller menu from the East Village location. The space is also smaller but it is well-organized. There is a wall just for cookies (see second photo below)! I noticed the pork bun was missing from the menu and they confirmed that it was not available and probably will never be. *groan*

Address: milk bar midtown , 15 W56th Street (between 5th and 6th).
mon – fri / 9 am – 11 pm
sat – sun / 9 am – 5 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment