Thursday, February 26, 2009

'inoteca

I've been to 'inoteca on numerous occasions for suppers. 'inoteca opens late, until 3 a.m. everyday, so on weekends, it's usually buzzing with hip looking Lower East Side crowd even at 2 in the morning. I always wonder how these folks can still look so fabulous at that hour in their tight skinny jeans, shoving cheese & cured meat down their throats.

'inoteca' serves mostly small plate style, which is how I like to eat - small on portion, big on variety. The price is pretty reasonable, and the food is of good quality, the variety of cured meat in particularly is superb.

Last weekend, I made 'inoteca my destination brunch restaurant because I had to go to the Lower East Side to run some errands. I tried the prosciutto with fruits, fried egg over suckling pig & my personal favorite, truffle egg toast with bottarga (Mediterranean cured fish roe).

The prosciutto came with slices of apple & pear drizzled with some honey. The prosciutto went well with the pear, not so much with the apple, and I am not a big fan of the honey over fruits.

The fried egg over suckling pig on the other hand was pretty intense. The suckling pig was sliced, and there were some herbs stuffed in between the meat, the taste was strong but the fried egg with runny yoke on top was a great compliment.

The truffle egg toast was rich and decadent. The bottarga was really tasty and this dish reminded me of eggs in a basket, but the rich man version.

Also, a few weeks back I saw the 'inoteca' sign somewhere along 3rd avenue. I looked it up and found out that they are opening another branch in Gramery Park, see below for the address of their new location on 3rd avenue.

Address: 'inoteca, 98 Rivington St (Rivingston Street), New York, NY 10002
Address: 'inoteca, 323 3rd Ave (24th Street), New York NY 10010

1 comment:

  1. So hungry to look at your blog every morning. Next time better eat first before I read your blog

    ReplyDelete