Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sripraphai

The name itself is a bit of a tongue-twister, but if you know what & where Scripraphai is, then you know where to find good authentic Thai food in Queens, New York.

The menu comes in the form of a binder, it's massive! Thank goodness it's a picture-menu. For my first ever Scripraphai visit, I tried a few things and below are my favorites:

Papaya salad with dry shrimp & peanut. We ordered it mild, and like all typical Thai papaya salad, the spicyness kicked in 2 minutes after consumption. I've definitely had better ones in Bangkok - especially the spicy papaya salad I had in Suan Lum Night Market in Bangkok last year..it was so spicy I was tearing up & perspiring like crazy, but OH SO GOOD.

Fried shrimp cake. Very yummy, soft on the inside, crispy & slightly crunchy on the outside.

B.B.Q. pork tender. My absolutely favorite thing @ Sripraphai, very tender and the sweet sauce was perfection.

Bean curd soup with ground pork. Smooth & silky tofu with flavorful soup, I imagine this to be a great cure for a hangover.

I also tried the Green curry with chicken, we ordered it mild and it was slightly spicy, I heard they are pretty generous with making things spicy so be warned.

I also tried a few of their desserts, the black sticky rice & coconut milk was ok, the green mango came with a weirdo savory sauce. We really wanted the mango with sticky rice but it was sold out by the time we got there..oh well, next time then.

Scripraphai, 64-13, 39th Avenue, Woodside, New York. New Location coming soon: 280 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment