Thursday, October 15, 2009

Burger Joint

A few weeks ago I was on lunch-hunting with my colleagues and we ended up at Burger Joint. Who would have thought that you can find this hole-in-the-wall burger place in a fancy hotel? It looks so unpretentious I couldn't quite believe it. Alright, granted the burgers aren't McDonald's price but they aren't exactly hotel price either, it's about $8 for a decent sized cheeseburger.

I got mine medium-well with everything on it, I thought the burger was tasty, it had the strong smokey taste to it that I love. I am sure if you order the burger medium or medium rare it will be a lot juicier, but overall, I was really happy with it.

This place is small and it gets crowded quickly during lunch hour, so if you want to eat-in, go early. The turnover is pretty quick because it functions almost like a greasy fast food place but the burger is great, the vibe is cool & I just love how it's hidden and the only thing that hints that this place exists is a neon burger sign tucked in the corner in the lobby & the line spilling out of the door.

Address: Burger Joint. Inside Le Parker Meridien Hotel, 119 West 56th Street, New York NY 10019.

No comments:

Post a Comment