Thursday, October 15, 2009

Saigon Bakery

...and I'm back online. I actually miss writing, it's one of those things...when I was writing, it felt like a chore at times, but I am glad I realized it's more than just that.

So back to food, do you know that for $3.75, you can get a banh mi (vietnamese sandwich) that is uber delicious? Well the name is Saigon Bakery. It's this little shop on Mott Street, in the back of a store that sells jewelry/stones (something, I can't remember). I usually zoom past it and head straight for the order counter. They also sell some Vietnamese/Thai/Malaysia pastries.


The baguette was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the pork was marinated with a sweet sauce and the pickles were yummy. You can order it spicy or not spicy. For $1 more, you can add pate. This is definitely one of my top cheap eat pick!

Addresss: Saigon Bakery, 138 Mott Street (between Grand & Hester), New York, NY 10013

No comments:

Post a Comment