Friday, May 15, 2009

Pig-a-licious

Cafe Colonial is an old favorite of mine, I haven't been there for a while but I suddenly though of it today, maybe I'll go there this weekend for brunch. My absolute favorite thing there is the Warm Pulled Pork Loin Sandwich in a anjo mole sauce, served with guacamole, sour cream, fries and corn on the cob.

For brunch, I also like their Banana French Toast (made with challah bread and stuffed with fresh bananas) and Basket of Pao de Queijo (Brazilian cheese puffs). This is a very small cafe, it is very quaint and I especially love the big windows. The space is flooded with light during the day - you get to sit in the cafe where they don't rush you and you can watch the world (well, just Houston Street) go by.

Address: Cafe Colonial, 276 Elizabeth Street (corner of Houston), New York, NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment