Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oak Room at The Plaza

I took some friends from out of town a few weeks ago to Oak Room at The Plaza during lunch, they were still serving restaurant week lunch menu (which is turning into "restaurant month", not "restaurant week").

I started with the lobster & sweet corn bisque, it was very delicious, with chunks of lobsters.

For main course, I had a tuna salad club sandwich with avocado & bacon. The portion was very generous, I only managed about 2/3 of my plate and had to raise my white flag (in order to save some room for dessert).

Lastly, for dessert, I had the strawberry shortcake. I was expecting the shortcake to be fluffier, again, very generous portion.

mind-blowing, but was very delicious & the service was decent. I did feel somewhat out of place sitting next to a table filled with ladies in pearls & Chanel jackets, but it's the Plaza after all. The Oak Room, which used to be a gentlemen's bar was built in 1907, I felt transported back into time as soon as I walked into the restaurant.

Address: Oak Room at The Plaza, 10 Central Park South, New York, NY 10019.

No comments:

Post a Comment