Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot hot hot!

How the heck is it August already?? I haven't had time to write and update my blog, it's summer and that means, plenty of fun summer activities.

One of the hot events I went to was All Point West Art & Music Festival, it was a three-day festival but I went on the last day. It had rained heavily on Friday and Sunday morning, the festival ground was a mud put. The mudfest was probably nothing compared to Woodstock 1969 but it made me wonder how I used to go camping and would stick my face in the mud and thought it was fun. That said, besides the smell, it was really fun. I tried to keep my nose up, the smell of the aromatic illegal substance is much better than mud.


We saw some great bands such as Echo & the Bunnymen, Silversun Pickups & We are Scientists, and the headliner of the night was Coldplay. I wasn't really a big fan but after seeing their performance, I was truly impressed. They were amazing live, I thought it was going to be a fairly short set, at most 1 hour, but they sang for almost 2 hours - with props, lighting, background graphics, it was a full on concert! The highlight of the night for me was when they walked down to the middle of the field onto a small temporary stage, I was 5 feet from them, totally squealed like a three-year-old, I was beyond excited even thought I stepped into a ankle-high pool of mud. I was so close I could see Chris Martin's black Banana Republic boxer briefs, and I also discovered the bassist, Guy Berryman is super hot!


I am on a roll now, planning to go to more concerts this year, this is my summer of PEACE, LOVE & MUSIC. Next year, I want to go to Coachella!

No comments:

Post a Comment