Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sacco Pizza

On my way to grab falafel one day for lunch, I got talked into getting pizza by my coworker J instead. He was so passionate about the pizza - he analyzed the crust, talked about the cheese. I wondered to myself "is it really that good?", well, the only way to find out is to try, so I happily agreed to ditch falafel and opted for Sacco Pizza.

Sacco Pizza is this little place in Hells Kitchen, the signage upfront is very generic, and the tables & benches look like it's been there for the last 20 years or so. I got two slices of regular pizza & a Boylan rootbeer. The regular pizza is the New York style pizza, thin-crust, cheese & tomato, I figured the best way to be introduced to Sacco is to start with the basic. The crust was extremely thin, slightly crusty but chewy at the same time, and they weren't stingy at all with their cheese. I have to insist that the pizza must be consumed as soon as it comes out of the oven, there's nothing like battling a perfect flimsy slice of pizza, and to top it off with root beer was perfection.






The verdict's in, it's better than my default New York pizza place - Lombardi's. Thinking of the Sacco Pizza makes me drool a little, I think I'm ready for it again tomorrow!

Address: Sacco Pizza, 819 9th Ave (& 54th Street), New York, NY 10019

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great living so near Hell's Kitchen ^^ But your area has the hipsters. Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food in Hell's Kitchen, I walk there for lunch all the time, esp. yummy thai food!

    ReplyDelete